Top 5 Reasons For Doing a Skydive
Top 5 Reasons For Doing a Skydive
Are you thinking about skydiving? If so and you’re not sure if you should make the move or not, it is good to know that the reasons to skydive outweigh the reasons not to take the plunge. As a matter of fact, the risk is a lot lower than you may think. Out of every 2 million jumps annually around the world, there are approximately 35 fatalities. These fatalities are usually due to not following procedure. Know that when you learn to skydive, instructors will teach you everything you need to know until you know it well. That way you reduce your risk of accident significantly. Only a small percentage of accidents and fatalities are not due to failure to follow protocol.
So why should you assume the risk and jump?
Here are 5 reasons why:
1. You are given an opportunity to face your fears. Sky diving is both frightening and exciting. Once you make the first jump, usually a tandem skydive (harnessed to your instructor), you’ll get a taste for it to do it again and again. There are a number of safety precautions that are taken to ensure your jump is as safe as it can possibly be. You have a reserve parachute, you’re harnessed to your instructor, a drogue chute that slows you down when in tandem with your instructor, and your auto release device can initiate the chute in the case you approach a certain altitude and you are in free fall mode.
2. You do obtain bragging rights when you take on this risky activity. You can tell your friends and family about the experience. Considering many people are nervous about such activities, they are fascinated by the stories you tell about your jumps. You may even decide to add video to your skydiving package so that your experience can be documented. Showing a recording to your friends and family allows them to see the experience you had.
3. Parachuting is a fascinating sport in that you are able to literally fly through the air. You can satisfy any fascination you ever had about skydiving, such as whether or not you are able to breathe when you dive (yes, you can) and the sensation of free falling at over 100 mph. You are also able to control yourself while falling. You can make turns, move around, and have a great time.
4. Skydiving produces an adrenaline rush unlike any you’ve ever had in your life. Some individuals become addicted to parachuting and actually make it their preferred sport. They enjoy the freedom that skydiving provides. There is no freer feeling than the feeling of jumping out of a plane and looking at the vast sky around you, knowing that it goes on and on and you are just a small part of it.
5. Some people skydive because they must for their jobs. Military personnel, policeman, firefighters, and many others do it for their jobs. There are some, however, who do it for a special occasion. There have been many individuals who have gotten married while skydiving or a group of people will do it as a part of a party. Of course, those doing so for a special occasion will receive the necessary training in preparation for the event.
You don’t have to worry about skydiving being an activity just for the insane. Many individuals find that this is an activity that they want to try at least once in their lifetime. Since many of us live in fear of some events, parachuting is a prime way to overcome a lot of fears and to have a true feeling of freedom.